I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data I collect from you, or that you provide to me, will be processed by me. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. By visiting www.heskethmediation.com and by providing personal data to me, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Philip Hesketh of 32 Rossall Road, Lytham St Annes, FY8 4ES.
Information I may collect from you
I may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give me. This may arise from you filling in forms on my site www.heskethmediation.com (my site) or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you complete any membership application form, when you change/update your personal details, contact preferences etc. and when you report a problem with my site. The information you give me may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial.
- Information I collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to my site I may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call my number.
- Information I receive from other sources. I may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites I operate or the other services I provide. In this case I will have informed you when I collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. I am also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to me. I will use this information:
- to administer your membership;
- for the provision of services requested;
- providing always that you have given to me the necessary consent, to provide you with information about other goods and services I offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- providing always that you have given to me the necessary consent, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services I feel may interest you. Where I permit selected third parties to see your data, I (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you decide at any time that you no longer want me to see your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact me at please contact me at Hesketh Mediation Services, 32 Rossall Road, Lytham St Annes, FY8 4ES;
- to notify you about changes to my service;
- in-house research and statistical analysis;
- to communicate with you about my membership, lobbying and other activities;
- to ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information I collect about you. I will use this information:
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information I receive from other sources. I may combine this information with information you give to me and information I collect about you. I may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
Disclosure of your information
Provided always that you have provided the necessary consent(s), I may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract I enter into with them or you; and
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
I may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I sell or buy any business or assets, in which case I may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If my or substantially all of my assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by me about my customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect my rights, property, or safety, my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where I store your personal data
Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While I use strong encryption, both when your information is moving to or from my web services and also whilst your information is held by me, unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet can never be completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will always inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes or if I intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking the necessary boxes to give such consent on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting me at 32 Rossall Road, Lytham St Annes, FY8 4ES.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If, at any time, you want to verify, update or amend your personal data or preferences please write to me at 32 Rossall Road, Lytham St Annes, FY8 4ES. Verification, updating or amendment of personal data will take place within 28 days of your request.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet my costs in providing you with details of the information I hold about you.